Contribute to the Online Resources section of our website
Did you know the SBCA website has a Resources
section which includes career listings, funding opportunities, professional development and training, and links to benefit-cost analysis databases? Check it out for more information and consider contributing.
Thank you to our 2016 Organizational Affiliates
- The Brattle Group
- Eastern Research Group
- Econometrica, Inc.*
- George Washington University Regulatory Studies Center*
- Industrial Economics, Incorporated*
- Mathematica Policy Research*
- NERA Economic Consulting*
- Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Adminstration, George Washington University
* Charter affiliates
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Evans School of Public Policy and Governance, University of Washington
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, University of Virginia
- Goldman School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley
- GRA, Incorporated
- Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Institute on Health Economics, Health Behaviors and Disparities, Cornell University
- LaFollette School of Public Affairs, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Optimity Advisors
- School of Marine Science and Policy at the University of Delaware
- School of Public Policy, University of Maryland
- University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy
- University of Kentucky Department of Economics
- Vanderbilt University's Ph.D. Program in Law & Economics
Please visit our membership page
for information about becoming a 2016 Organizational Affiliate and for a list of past Affiliates.
2017 Conference and Workshops
Thank you for the tremendous response to the call for presentations, panels, and workshops for the 2017 SBCA Annual Meeting. The Program Committee will be reviewing the submissions and organizing the meeting sessions. Notifications will be sent by the end of November. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Erika Dowd at email@example.com
Conference registration will open on November 16, 2016.
Video of Benefit-Cost Analysis and the Courts now available
We are excited to announce that a video of the Benefit-Cost Analysis and the Courts symposium is now available on the GWU Regulatory Studies Center's website
The symposium began with remarks from Cass Sunstein
based on his recent working paper, “Cost-Benefit Analysis and Arbitrariness Review
.” Then, Judge Steve Williams
moderated a panel of experts who offered different perspectives on the appropriate role for benefit-cost analysis in regulatory policy and the effect of judicial review.
SBCA Sessions at SEA Annual Conference
SBCA sessions at SEA Annual Conference
JW Marriott Washington DC
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
The Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis is an organizational affiliate of the Southern Economics Association. At SEA’s annual conference and meetings in November, SBCA has organized a panel on “Policy Analysis for Uncertain Events.” Plan to join your fellow SBCA members for the discussion on Monday, November 21, at 8:00 AM
. We’ll provide the donuts! Panelists include Tim Brennan, Joe Cordes, Susan Dudley, Ali Gungor, Jim Scouras and Jonathan Weiner.
Please visit the SEA Annual Conference website
for more information.
Fall issue of Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis coming soon
The Fall 2016 issue of the JBCA is coming soon and will include the following:
To access the newly redesigned Cambridge Press website for this issue and previous issues of the JBCA, please visit our page.
- “Process, Ideology and Willingness to Pay for Reducing Childhood Poverty” by Semra Ozdemir, F. Reed Johnson, and Dale Whittington (Open Access)
- “The Merits of Universal Scholarships: Benefit-Cost Evidence from the Kalamazoo Promise” by Timothy J. Bartik, Brad Hershbein, and Marta Lachowska (Open Access)
- “Are Current U.S. Anti-Bullying Programs Net Beneficial to Parents? Inferences from School Switching” by Mark D. Agee and Thomas D. Crocker (Free Access for 30 days)
- “Contingent Valuation and the Policymaking Process: An Application to Used Nuclear Fuel in the United States” by Deven Carlson, Joseph Ripberger, Hank Jenkins-Smith, Carol Silva, Kuhika Gupta, Robert Berrens, and Benjamin Jones
- “Green Roof Cost Benefit Analysis: Special Emphasis on Scenic Benefits” by Väinö Nurmi, Athanasios Votsis, Adriaan Perrels, and Susanna Lehvävirta
- ”Regulatory Process, Regulatory Reform, and the Quality of Regulatory Impact Analysis” by Jerry Ellig and Rosemarie Fike
All SBCA members receive complimentary access to the JBCA; please contact us
with any questions.
Activate content alerts
to ensure you don't miss out on future issues and updates.
Call for Comments from the Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking
The Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking
published a request for comments in the Federal Register
. The request seeks feedback from stakeholders on a wide range of issues that may be considered by the Commission, including areas the Commission is directed to consider by law.
You are welcome to submit comments and to share across your networks with others who may have input for the Commission to consider.
The deadline for responding to this call is November 14. This Request for Comments is the first of several ways the Commission will be soliciting input. Others will include public hearings, testimony at Commission meetings, and additional structured solicitations.
Has your membership lapsed? Have you not yet joined the Society?
Become a new member or renew your membership
and receive membership benefits for the rest of 2016 and for 2017 at the cost of a one-year membership!
Members receive the following benefits:
- Discounted registration for the Society’s annual conference
- Complementary digital access to the Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis
- Submission of papers to the SBCA Working Paper Series
- Announcements about Society events and reduced fees (where applicable)
- Access to member contact information
Visit our member portal
to check your membership status, become a new member, or renew your membership today!